1. Eat over 10g of carbs per kg of bodyweight per day. Eat rice, beans, pasta, corn etc. Sweet fruit is the best choice as it digests the fastest, has the most nutrients per calorie and restores glycogen the fastest. Keep fat intake under 10% of total calories. Same with protein. Plant protein is the leaner and healthier option. Keep sodium intake low.
2. Drink enough water so your urine is clear. If its yellow or straw, we need to drink more. Drink before meals instead of after for better digestion.
3. Eat before your hungry, drink before your thirsty..
4. Get early nights.
5. Get a bike that fits you right. Ask around for a bike shop that is good at fitting people right. Get a road bike and a bike trailer. Thats the most effective system. Get clipless mountain bike shoes/pedals so you have power up the hills and into the wind yet can still walk ok.
6. Youtube has lots of great how to fix bikes videos.
7. Mark your cleats and seat post/seat angle/handlebar angle with a liquid paper pen so if it moves or gets loose, you now have a reference marker to go back too.
8. Make sure you wear shorts/cycling top so you dont get blown like a parachute whilst wearing baggy stuff.
10. Get off the saddle every few minutes to aid blood flow to the saddle area.
edited by harley j on 17/07/2011